Tuesday, April 29, 2008

In the last 3 days, we've been ...

Really really busy ... as usual.

Soap Batch # 2 - April 25
On Saturday, we've cut soap batch # 2. This will hopefully be ready in 8 weeks. The flavour is Tea Tree, Mandarin and Lemon. Good for teenagers!

After putting aside the soaps for curing, I ran to the post office to pick up a parcel. I was hoping it was the metal purse frames I ordered and I wasn't disappointed. I could not wait to get home so I could start making a purse.

My First Attempt on a Purse with Metal Frame
As soon as we got home I got working on the purse. It looked so easy but little did I know that I was going to struggle with attaching the purse to the metal frame. It was a mess, the glue was all over the place. Here's what I've made. Noticed the glue all over the lining. This requires more practice. Hopefully I can do better next time.




Momsi's (long overdue) Makeup Bag

I've finally finished Momsi's make up bag. I am giving this to her on Mother's Day. I hope she will like it.

This has a dark brown canvas cotton flap and the main bag fabric is linen in shades of brown. Do you like the retro button? Nice.


A Surprise from DaWanda
I woke up on Sunday to find a surprise in my inbox. I just had my first sale at DaWanda, yay!
I knew this beauty was going soon. It was so popular. I've posted it today. I hope Bettina will like it.




A new Maria Tote in progress ...
Yesterday, I started making another Maria Tote. It's almost done and I hope to finish this tomorrow.

5 days to go...
5 more days before I go back to work. By the way, I decided to back out from that permanent job and decided on this contract work. The agent from the other job was not impressed. I feel bad but what to do??? I hope I made the right choice.

No comments: