Monday, August 24, 2009

Far Yet So Close

Far from the city yet so close, that's where I live. On weekdays, a 40 minute train ride will get you to the city and and a cruising 30 minute drive on the weekends. Not bad, considering that even if you live only 20 minutes away from the city, to get there, it will still take you more than half an hour because of the traffic.

Macquarie Links Drive © 2009 Peek into My World



Living at Macquarie Links takes you away from the hustle and bustle of the city. When you're tired from work, sometimes the trip home seems forever and I must admit that sometimes I wished it would only take me 10 mins to get home. But as soon as I arrived, the travel time makes it worth it.

The Link Pick Up Point © 2009 Peek into My World

I love taking the train although I hate the old carriages where it is so hot when you want it cold and so cold when you want it hot. It can be uncomfortable at times but the good thing about it is that I get to relax. I can sit down and enjoy the trip and think of nothing if I want to. I can close my eyes and listen to music. I can get a power nap. It's funny how it can be relaxing.


Horizon (Houses) © 2009 Peek into My World

The train ride is MY time. This is the only time when there are no unwashed dishes staring at me, no vacuum cleaner calling me and no poor succulent plant begging to be freed from the weeds. This is the time when I get to do what I want. Thanks to my Blackberry, I can send tweets, I can check out my friends on facebook, I can read, and get on top of news (and celebrity gossip!) and can even chat. And when you can do all these, the 40 minute ride seems like 10 minutes.

Boundary Sign © 2009 Peek into My World

When you live in the city, space is always a problem. You'd be lucky to hear the birds in the morning or enjoy the view of the bush. The trees that line along the streets are a rare sight. And the noise from everywhere, it will make you nuts (or am I just getting old??). Weekends are precious to me and I love to enjoy peace and quiet.

The Pond © 2009 Peek into My World

As they say, you can't have it all. So I'd rather have my space, travel to work everyday and go home in my own little paradise. Yes, it's far, yet it is so close.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great place to live! Thank you for sharing your neck of the woods!