Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Wonders of Yucca

Don't be fooled by a dying Yucca, they are stronger than you think.


As you can see, this one looks like there's no more hope of surviving. This has been left on the ground without being planted in the soil, unattended for weeks. Until I decided to temporarily stick it in the sand since I didn't have the time to plant it yet. When it was finally planted, it looked like it was just a stick.


My hubby suggested I should just throw it out because it didn't look nice. But I said shoooshh ... yucca are survivors, they are very hardy. I squeezed and pressed the trunk. It was still hard and I could feel there's still life in it. As long as the trunks are hard and you can see a bit of green inside, it means they are alive.

Then one day, we had a pleasant surprise! Leaves were growing.

Look at the these beautiful yuccas now.

No comments: