Monday, April 5, 2010

Life is too short

I always hear this phrase and as I grow older everyday, I come to realized that life is indeed, very short. Day in and day out we do our normal daily routine that we don't have the time to appreciate the little things, like the flower weeds on the streets or the beautiful trees around us. 

On the weekend, I found that one of my high school friends was diagnosed with Stage 4 Brain Cancer. Three years ago, she beat Stage 3 Breast Cancer and she is again fighting for her life. She is a very strong woman, so I hope and pray that she will beat this once again like she did before.

It's good to know that she has family and friends that she can lean on. My whole batch have organized to raise funds to help for her chemo treatment and all other medical expenses. In my own little way, I hope to pledge some proceeds from any sale of my bags. As you know, these treatments are very expensive and for someone like her who have 4 young kids, it is not easy especially when you live in the Philippines. 


To Madge, 
May every sunrise hold more promise, every moonrise hold more peace ~ Anonymous
  








2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is a beautiful post. We never know when cancer will affect our lives.

Unknown said...

What a lovely post, and I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds as if she's a very strong woman, and I'm sure it helps a great deal to have the support of such loving friends.