Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Keep on Moving

In the past I have been on and off the treadmill depending on my mood. I had no motivation at all. To be fit and healthy, the recommended daily step goal is 10,000 steps. 

2 weeks ago I decided to invest in a good quality pedometer to motivate me to keep on moving. This pedometer is my new BFF (but only second to my Blackberry). I wear this gadget all day and since then, I had been conscious of how many or how little steps I have done in a day. 

At the moment my goal is to make at least 20,000 steps a day so I could lose weight. I have joined a challenge at 10000steps.org.au and I've been averaging 16,700 steps a day. Still behind my goal of 20,000 but it's a good start. 

On weekends, I walk around the estate where I live. 5 kms in the morning and 5 kms in the afternoon. I realized how beautiful the place is. In my walks, I get nice views, fresh air, smell the grass and hear the birds chirping. It makes me appreciate how lucky I am to experience nature right where I live.  
To reward myself for being good in the past 2 weeks, I decided to get myself a new pair of shoes. Aside from being so cute, it is so comfortable. I chose this because it is meant to feel like you are walking or running barefoot. It is called Nike Free Run.

My current I-Challenge will end in April. If all goes well, I hope to lose weight by then. I can't wait to get myself a new pair of jeans as a  reward. So yes, it's on. I am determined to shed those kilos! 

No comments: