Friday, May 1, 2009

Whirlwind Networking

According to the so-called experts, if you want to be seen and heard, social networking is the way to go. But does it really work?
Free Twitter buttons from languageisavirus.com
A couple of weeks ago, I decided to check out Twitter. The first few days of joining was, I should say, quite boring. Slowly I was gaining friends and beginning to get the idea. My daily dose of tweets led me to links after links of sites and information. I surf the net like I've never surf before! I visited and checked out all handmade sites I can get my mouse to clicked on, joined networks and gained friends along the way.

From indie sites to ning networks, I just went on and on, it was so time consuming and almost like a full time job. Pages and pages of news, advise, hints, tips, how tos ... it was a whirlwind networking!
Was this exercise all worth it? It remains to be seen.
In the meantime, I'm back to making hip bags, the reason why I was networking in the first place.

No comments: