Thursday, May 21, 2009

My 2 cents worth ... Looking after my Customers

If success was measured by the number of sales daily, then I would not consider myself successful in my craft because if I compare myself to others, I don't sell by the hundreds every day. But if it was based on the number of people who comes back for more, then maybe I am.

I believe that if I look after the people who appreciates my work they either come back for more or refer me to their family and friends. One way or the other, it's a win-win situation for me.
In my little craft business, I rely heavily on repeat customers so I make sure that every single customer is special. It's not rocket science. Simple things like responding to emails promptly or keeping them up to date with the progress of their order can make a big difference. Do you ever get annoyed when you get email updates on the progress of your order? Of course not. Everyone wants to find out what's happening.

The other thing that I feel is also very important is posting the order as soon as the payment is received. I don't have a "posting day" or a standard postage turnaround time. If I have to go to the Post Office everyday, then so be it. We are all excited with our purchases, no one wants to wait for long.

Sometimes I give away little gifts or extras especially to my valued customers. No matter how little it is, you'll be surprise how much it is appreciated. There are a lot more things you can do, to make your customers special. Want some ideas? Just put yourself in their shoes.

1 comment:

Beads On Fire said...

Great things to keep in mind! It is easy to forget about how the customer feels when we get busy. But vital to our business to remember that it is the customer who keeps us going. Thanks for the reminder.