Saturday, April 25, 2009

About Me (Part 1)

I'm not a born writer and definitely not a natural blogger. So to say something about myself is going to be a struggle. But let me try ...

My name is Monique and I'm the indie artist behind Kikay Designs. I enjoy making handbags with my own designs. I particularly like printed fabrics with bright and vivid colours.

One day in 2007, I sat on a sewing machine and taught myself how to sew. Since that day, I've lovingly made handbags, purses, wristlets and gadget holders. I've learnt a lot since then, and I'm still learning new things everyday.

I also love to paint with oil and acrylic. Once again, I taught myself. I did attend painting lessons for one term but then I quit because the lessons were just too slow and dragging. I just wanted to be able to get my hands dirty and paint away!

Okay, I think this is all for now as I'm running out of things to say. Hmmmm, maybe I should just do this as a series (?). Until Part 2 of 'About me'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monique,
Hi! I'm from MIM Krazy Krafter's, I just received an e-mail from you- regarding featuring an artist on your page. I will be interested in a bit, but for now; while I'm in the midst of so many other things, (including: the beginning of a blog!), I wanted to let you know how I love the simple honesty you portray in your "about me"- my reason for not starting a blog thus far: I don't know what I could write that could possibly be interesting enough that someone would want to read it, ("I'm not a natural born blogger")! I'm in the process of developing my own site aside from the venues, & would love a feature later, when I would be in the position of returning the favor! You made me smile today- thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad I could make you smile!