Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Very First Blog

Ahoy there!

Since finishing work in March (after 10 years in my job), I decided that now is the best time to concentrate on sewing ... but of course, in between job hunting, soap making, etc etc.

As I am a very slow sewer and I can not stand imperfections, I only managed to make a few in the last few weeks. I really wish I could sew 2 to 3 bags in a day but not a chance! It takes me ages to make one and I have given up on sewing hastily because I just end up picking for the rest of the day. So yes, I have decided to take it slowly but surely.

Here's some of my latest creations (now on sale) ...

The 'Maria' Tote Bag - this was based on an original tote bag I gave to my sister Maria. I lot of people loved it so I decided to make one with a different fabric and design. This one's a bit shorter and a little wider compared to the original.



The 'Fabi' Carry-All Bag - tried and tested by my sister, Fabi. I gave her one just like this but of course, in a different fabric and design. The original had 2 outside open pockets but this one has a single open pocket and the straps are made of 100% cotton webbing! Sweet!



If you're interested in any of my handmade bags, check out the Kikay stockists.

That's all for now. Until my next ba-lag!

No comments: